Thirty-five summers and still
counting and hopefully will get to see few more but these thirty-five summers
actually taught me few basic things of life. It was my 23rd summer
that I realised relationships are never static and it evolves with time. It can
either go downhill or it can reach the zenith but can never maintain a steady
flow. That summer I realised the value of the words I use, value of
reciprocating to emotions when it is needed else it might bring disaster. That
summer I spent with tears in my eyes and calling for someone whom I lost
forever. I realised the power of one ‘no’ in my life. I spent nights praying let the ‘done be
undone’ but it was too late.
The time we are born, we start
forging relationships and emotions attached to these relationships change with
times. It’s the time which takes us to roller coaster ride of emotions. People
change, their perspectives change, their likings change and so do their
dynamics of relationships. That 23rd summer did bring changes in me
as well and it did continue for the next eight summers. I was in a constant
state of flux and never looked back to that 23rd summer of my life.
I never bothered to look behind, forgetting the very fact that we all are in a
perpetual cycle and nothing is forever gone. Life will take you back to the days
you left in some way or the other and it is the beauty of life. It keeps you in
the circle never to let go out of it. As I am completely into the cycle where I
am revisiting my 23rd summer, I can very well realise the essence of
relationships again.
Things have changed around me;
people have ‘evolved’ but I am in the process of saving something which I never
want to let go. As people have changed
around me their approach to relationships have also changed and their
expectations from me have also changed. Again change is the only constant but
again this change follows the path of life. The problem lies in the fact that
when others are changing and following a trajectory then if you take the
opposite trajectory or a different tangent altogether, the result can be
varied, from expectations mismatch to clashing of ideologies to
miscommunications leading to a complete breakdown of the relationship. My 23rd
summer did teach me this but as a perfect human I conveniently left it behind
and followed the concept of ‘moving on’. Now as I am revisiting my 23rd
summer, I am trying to do everything to salvage my future summers by doing
things which I should have done back then. Hopefully, the effort will not go in
vain. Life is a harsh teacher and horrible part is you won’t know whether you
will at all be able to make the teacher happy or not and relationships are
those tasks which life gives you to test the lessons you have learned from him.
No comments:
Post a Comment